Ravenrock’s deep, regenerative geology heals and accelerates spiritual transformation and mystical opening. Intimacy with nature means removing buffers. We provide the following guidance not to alarm you but to help you embrace the dynamic challenges gifted by Ravenrock.
– Stay Aware
Ravenrock is not a spa. You will have water, food, protection from sun and extreme elements, and access to emergency communication. AND we have challenging terrain, rattlesnakes, bears, and extreme desert conditions; the closest rescue is at least 45 minutes away. Stay aware. Stay aware and you will be perfectly safe.
– Solve Problems
Approach snags as a problem-solving venture. Learn to invent, make do, do without. Please, no whining. None. Really, please.
– Team Work in the Wild
We depend on one another for safety & survival. We will organize a Buddy System to safeguard one another.
Arrival, Sessions, & Departure
– Arrival: at Ravenrock Tuesday September 26th, 2023 with a gathering to open the energy at 5pm followed by dinner.
– Dancemeditation Sessions: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, September 27–30. Yay!
– Departure: depart Ravenrock Sunday morning October 1
We can arrange provisioning right before.
Fly to Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ). You’ll be put in touch with one another before arranging your flight so you can as a group rent a vehicle to travel to and from the airport.
We provide yoga mats, workshop blankets, and tents. Additionally there are a couple of ground mats available.
We provide driving directions close to the time. Please arrive at Ravenrock by midday to set up camp.
Our main building is a red metal clad 30×50 pole barn with papercrete and plaster walls and wood floor for workshop sessions.
Glass doors on the east and south sides provide views onto the peaceful, glowing mesa landscape.
The Stone Porch East Entry has a floor of rocks from the property rim and on the west we have a 15 x 24′ Hermit’s Peak Porch with its sensational mountain view. In 2016 we added a Camp Kitchen off the East Porch which utilizes two 1500-gallon water catchment tanks off the east roof. The long west-side roof is water catchment for an additional two tanks, bringing water capacity to 6000 gallons total.
8am Silent Breakfast
8:30–9:30am Morning Work Teams
10:30am–1:15pm Morning Meditations
1:30pm Midday Meal
5–7pm Evening Gathering
7:15pm Evening Meal
The diet is a simple, vegan Sufi cooking.
No personal cooking or refrigeration facilities.
Warning: Do not keep food in your tent. We have bears and wild animals here.
The following are not permitted on the retreat property: alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, pets.
Bringing Camping Gear
If you are driving, please bring your camp set up.
This includes: tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, tarp.
Camping spots in the Bowers (a juniper stand adjacent to the Barn) are prepared beforehand, chosen for their comfort from sun and distance to facilities.
We provide tents and tarps. (Also yoga mats and workshop blankets.)
Please bring your sleeping bag.
– camping clothes (hiking pants, boots, good socks, long sleeve shirt)
– extra t-shirts
– white cotton or linen long-sleeve shirt
– heavy sweater; down vest
– work gloves
– wide hats for high desert sun
– flashlight and/or headlamp
– bug netting clothing for face (goes over your hat: see below)
Mosquitos are infrequent but when they do come out they are intense. Pack bug net clothing which is light weight, packs up small, and is better than insect repellant.
– strong moisturizer (high desert; very dry)
– soap, etc.
– a few small ziplock bags
– baby wipes/wet wipes
We provide Dr. Bronners Soap.
Because this is a short retreat we will not be setting up the Shower Tent. Sponge baths and wet wipes will take care of bathing.
– yoga mat (we have yoga mats for air travelers)
– comfortable workshop clothing
– slip-on shoes for around the Barn (easy off for shoeless-ness inside the Barn)
– light day backpack for back & forth around Camp
– journal & pen
– hand fan (the kind that opens & closes)
– extra checks or cash for shopping & misc. fees
– thumb drive for music