The Universal Dancer Podcast celebrates its first year of podcasting with a special event. Joining host and author Leslie Zehr was the first guest from last year, Dunya McPherson, Founder of Dancemeditation™, and Phoebe Neville, a dancer, Buddhist practitioner, and a Certified Teacher of Body-Mind Centering®.
Leslie and her guests take a deep dive into the importance of dance and embodiment in a spiritual practice. What a fantastic group of knowledgeable women—lots of insight to be shared. These women with different dance and spiritual backgrounds all arrived at the same point—surrender, joy, coming home.
They spoke about:
- How their dance transformed from performance to a spiritual practice
- The many-faceted aspects of the shadow
- Working with the shadow through dance
- The ability to both give and receive through the dance
- The role of consciousness in the dance
- The many levels of working with veils and other props
- Our more profound ability to interact with the environment in the dance
- Moving to “the place of unknowing.”
In addition to the thoughtful conversation, there was much to be celebrated. Leslie announced the line-up of guests for the podcast’s second season. Dunya spoke about her newly released book Sojourn the Inner Heaven: Movement Meditations for Awakening.